Tuesday 13 October 2020

Check and Mate

I sometimes think of chess as a limited game. There’s only a certain number of moves that you can make before that ol’ battlefield gets overcrowded. I’ve even had opponents ask if they could take their own piece. I’ve previously been accommodating but I realise now that I’ve been giving them the advantage to expand their territory. But the interesting part of chess is how opponents react to each other; meaning that no two games are hardly ever the same. Nor would a player want to play the same game by repeating the same moves; unless of course he or she is the victor. Perhaps the defeated realises their mistake; that they can correct it; or maybe they can take advantage of an error that the victor made or forgot previously. And of course, you mustn’t lose focus of the potential of each piece to the board. A simple movement to create space could be utilised by your opponent. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment