Sunday 4 October 2020

Echo Echo

I’ve been quite impressed with the sound quality on the new range of smart speakers, and I decided to try it out myself. I decided to cash in on some loyalty points during the Black Friday sales, so I ended up with an echo dot. It’s small but powerful and I like the way that it glows. The music channels are great and there’s a fab selection; even if you don’t pay for a particular song. We particularly liked Santa’s ‘Mince Pie’ song. Sometimes it speaks a little too fast; especially when it’s saying something that you’re not expecting it to. But the AI does need a bit of work; it often has trouble understanding you or mishearing you and displays a completely different skill instead. The local recommendations also need updating. It can do a lot more, but you must fork out for other smart devices for it to connect to.

No comments:

Post a Comment