Friday 20 December 2019

Trucker Spotting

Some people spot trains, some people spot buses. And then there’s trucks. Specifically, the Stobart Spotters. They used to gather outside a distribution centre a few miles outside of my town before they closed it down. They’d stand at the gates and watch the trucks enter and leave. I never saw the fascination in it myself. Fast forward a few years and my company is using them to pull our trailers to and from our stores. Lo and behold; it attracted a few trucker spotters. Not many, but a few would come round and ask the driver if they could take pictures. I happened to know one of them, who told me that they could track the vehicles with just the registration number. It would be great if we could do that rather than having to rely on our despatch team. His wife was a former administrator of the company and they named a cab after her upon her retirement. What a way to be remembered.

No comments:

Post a Comment