Thursday 12 December 2019

Hanging by a Thread

One of my homemaking tasks was to get a picture hung. We’d bought a frame and I’d got the picture printed after deciding on the size (the lady in the shop thought that everyone looked beautiful). I’d even got the picture positioned perfectly within the mount. All I needed was a simple piece of fishing line. That would be strong enough to support the picture and hang onto the nail without the need for any additional holes or hammering. But Mum had given all of my Dad’s fishing stuff away to my cousin; including my travel rod. Fortunately I’ve got friends who are more resourceful; so I borrowed some line to get the job done. I sent a photo of the finished product but it didn’t meet instant approval. I’m guessing it was because that they wanted to see how long it would take to fall. It’s been eighteen months so far but it is showing signs of a strain.

No comments:

Post a Comment