Sunday 29 December 2019

Any Chance of a Lift? #dreamdiary82

I’m trying to get to the airport. It’s all done by tram nowadays. The trouble is that there’s so many trams that you can’t get near the entrance. I’ve been dropped off by car and I must walk in amongst the tracks. Suddenly, a great purple tram approaches me. The driver sees me, cuts right straight over the adjacent track and onto the grass verge to avoid hitting me. Miffed, I carry on down the track to the airport entrance, pulling my suitcase alongside me. I now need to check in. I find out where I need to go and follow the signs to the escalator upstairs. Just as I’m about to board the escalator, an attendant pulls a queue cord across the entrance to stop me boarding. I glance up the escalator to see other people coming down. I back away and look at the adjacent stairs. All I can see is a shiny white marble slope raised up alongside the escalator with a thick purple pink line down the centre. I turn to the attendant (who still hasn’t removed the barrier to allow the people coming down the escalator to get off) and say, ‘Any chance of a lift?’

No comments:

Post a Comment