Tuesday 25 June 2019

Beer & Bookies


It’s not always a good idea to combine beer with the bookies, but people seem to make a great trade out of it. It certainly took us in. after a few beers we decided to pop into a local betting shop and have a flutter on the Grand National, since they would be showing it in the pub anyway. It was quite a clean and well-kept place, and we soon worked out the slip system. I’d decided to put a fiver on one horse with high odds to win. It was something that I could afford and it would let me join in the fun with a slight chance of a cash bonus at the end. One of my mates loved the idea of putting a bet each way, and chose four horses which cost him a total of £30 to place. We went back to the pub to watch the race. My horse didn’t win, and it took a while to figure out the results to work out whether my friend had won anything as we waded through his many betting slips.

No comments:

Post a Comment