Saturday 1 June 2019

The Unknown File

This may just look like an innocent black square, but the mystery is what the camera was trying to capture at the time. I’m not sure whether it was a picture or a video. When I transferred it to the computer, it recognised it as a picture, but the picture editing software wouldn’t detect the file, so there was no chance of brightening the image to see any hidden blurs. What I didn’t do was open it in a universal media player to see if that made any difference. It was a morning photo taken just after a friend’s visit during a lot of snow. In the same week, I took a lot of pictures and did a lot of googling beforehand to work out what was open and what was not. Maybe it was a corrupted image that someone sent me through a message application. Whatever it was meant to be, we shall never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment