Wednesday 9 January 2019

The Long Way Round

There’s a road that I use which is closed for the rest of the month. A garage is being converted into a block of retirement flats and the extra amenities need connecting to the main supply. Because of this, I have to drive an extra mile to and from work. I can either take the highway or squeeze through a narrow bridge and go through a residential area lined with cars that are too big for the road. Or on a quiet night I can be naughty and take the no right turn road through town. But the point that I’m missing is who is ultimately paying for these extra miles? Is it the developers who have paid to close the road off? Do I get a discount in my road tax this year (although it hasn’t gone up). No, tis the humble council and we’ve got no way of getting our fuel back from the extra mileage.  

No comments:

Post a Comment