Thursday 17 January 2019

Lightning Pins

I’ve had a docking station sitting on my dresser for some time now. Occasionally I use it to play CDs, but the real reason that I have it is to charge my phone. But the new phone won’t fit into the old thirty pin socket. I thought about returning the docking station under the extended guarantee with the clause that the dock won’t charge my phone, which is technically true. Then I thought that money might be the easy way out; just buy an adapter. The odd thing was that the pricier ones stated that they weren’t suitable for docking stations, but the cheaper ones were. So I bought a cheap one. It does work, and it does charge the phone on the docking station without the need for a USB wire, but so far I haven’t managed to get it to play music through the docking station speakers. It only plays from the phone. Hopefully some more fiddling around with the settings will get this working again.

No comments:

Post a Comment