Tuesday 2 January 2018

The Redbreast by Jo Nesbo

Hole is your stereotypical detective who works behind the lines; only he’s got much more influence over his colleagues due to an incident early on in the novel. You’d be forgiven for thinking that this was set in America if you removed all the place names from the novel. I found the flashbacks between the past and the present very confusing at first as I lost my place between them and I couldn’t work out the context between them or bring the characters into the present when the storyline requested them. There were also too many giveaways; I knew where the ending would take place as I was told much earlier. It therefore felt a bit boring to follow Hole’s line of enquiry only to find out the antagonist’s plans in the next chapter. I thought that this book was written by a woman until I read the copyright notice at the end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment