Wednesday 24 January 2018

Meet Alexa

I met Amazon’s Alexa the other day. I’m still trying to work out the point of this; as you need lots of other gadgets to make it work like a smartphone or computer; and an internet connection too. You also need lots of other bits such as internet light bulbs to make it run your home which are quite expensive at the moment. You can ask it to look up a lot of facts but to be honest if you’ve got a smartphone you can just jump on that and get online yourself. I started off by asking for tomorrow’s weather forecast, then asked when she was planning to take over the world, but she told me that she didn’t want to do that and that she only wanted to help. We then played an animal game which she got right but got a bit impatient when we misheard us a couple of times and broke her own rules by not asking a yes or no question. I finished by asking how long would it take for me to drive home and gave my address; but it didn’t understand the question. Mind you, I asked Siri the same thing and she started looking up the nearest forts…

No comments:

Post a Comment