Tuesday 30 January 2018

Early Man

I love Aardvark Animations but I felt that this one let the side down somewhat; perhaps because of its budget. The title suggests prehistoric man and dinosaurs; but the whole space-time continuum is altered slightly when we find that it’s about a game of football and not a mammoth hunt as it suggests earlier. Did they run out of money to make plasticine dinosaurs? And why do the Bronze age characters have this annoying Gaelic accent? Do they not like the French in Bristol? We went to see this show on a mid-afternoon; something that we don’t normally do but I had the day off work and there weren’t any evening shows. This meant cheap tickets but I had to put the effort in to avoid the parking charge. But what confused me most of all were the pensioners. Normally you’d expect them; but this was a kids’ film. Yet somehow it did feel like a cinema as people were laughing in all the right places. But I couldn’t wait to get out and was annoyed that I’d paid to see this; especially when I found out that one of the companies behind it was Amazon Prime Video; so I’d probably be able to watch it three months later for free.

No comments:

Post a Comment