Wednesday 23 August 2017

A Visit to Qualor #dreamdiary37

I’m standing in a field holding a small metal coin with the letter ‘Q’ inscribed on it. Its memories takes me back to an old town lined with small independent high street shops and cafes with smells of freshly baked cakes drifting out of its doors. As I climb the grassy hill to the top, all I can see is chained fencing with yellow diggers perched on top of churned up soil behind them. This coin is all that is left of the shop age; a time when people actually left their homes and spent time in different buildings, browsing through the wares that each individual dwelling had to offer. Nowadays we just stay put plugged into our screens and let everything come to us. It’s too risky to set foot outside the door; there’s too many machines zooming around with their packages to everyone’s drop zones. Though how they can afford it all is beyond me.

No comments:

Post a Comment