Monday 12 June 2017

Russell Howard at the Genting Arena, Birmingahm

I hadn’t been to any gigs for a while and this was one gig I was really looking forward to; albeit it being on the larger scale of things. It was a bit of a disappointing start as my friend let me down on the day and car parking was an extra £10. Then when I got inside, the queue for the bar was huge. Then after I’d bought my overpriced souvenir keyring; I kicked myself as the bars nearest to the seating area were much quieter. Still, I wasn’t at the front so I knew that I wasn’t going to get picked on. The support act was great; though no-one knew that a support act was playing or how long the interval was before the main act started. When Russel came on, he looked a bit beefed up; evidently, he’d been at the gym in preparation for his tour. Then after the show; when we’d all attempted to cross a busy exit road because the arena staff had decided to close the footbridge, all I had to do was find my car. I ended up at the airport.

No comments:

Post a Comment