Saturday 6 May 2017

Westminster Abbey

It was amazing to see all the historic tombs, though I had to re-trace my steps to find some of them. The Unknown Soldier had a particularly large gathering, as well as the historic chapels and chambers. But it was annoying to try and take pictures in the crowded areas while being jostled about; especially when you have to make room for a foreign person who’s decided to walk in the opposite direction in the narrow walkways. I also spotted a number of writer’s tombs and memorials. But it’s a shame that there’s no under croft to explore. The tour finished in the cloisters next to the gift shop, where I bought my obligatory keyring and a pencil for a friend. Then it was back into modern-day London where the queue was even longer and I felt a huge need for a huge caffeine boost before heading to my next destination. 

No comments:

Post a Comment