Thursday 4 May 2017

London's Calling...

Ever since the Da Vinci Code, I've always wanted to see Westminster Abbey. It's one of the most historic churches in the country, and it's also one of the most important since so many famous people have their tombs there; although it's quite pricey to get in. I turned up with no guide tour and joined the queue just before 10. Although the line moved slowly, the security staff were quite chatty with the queuers though I did wander if they were doing the right thing as they were bringing whole sections of people into a different entrance. Upon entry I was given a leaflet and an audio tour narrated by Jeremy Irons, which kind of explains the high price tag. I really wanted to see Newton’s grave since it was one of the featured attractions in the film; but it was quite hard to find and I had to fight my back through the crowd to spot it as all the diocesans seemed to have disappeared. 

No comments:

Post a Comment