Wednesday 17 May 2017

Cool McCool

I remember watching my first episode of Cool McCool on a cartoon compilation video featuring Mighty Mouse, and since then I vaguely remember this character featuring in a number of other cartoons; but I never realised that he had his own show until now. My favourite episode has to be the first one that I ever saw; which was the Sombrero Affair, and my favourite villain is Dr. Madcap and his evil inventions. But overall, this series is a bit of a drag with serious plot holes, annoying bad guys and unrealistic bosses. McCool’s car, while hi-tech; is just a copy of the batmobile in cartoon form; and the background music rarely ever changes. The constant flashbacks to the adventures of his father are even worse; with goofy officers clearly mocking the past antics of police enforcement; and features characters that can’t communicate with each other which is more annoying than comical. The whole show must have been a space-filler when it was first broadcast; and I can’t see any fandom of it in today’s society unless the whole thing gets re-written.  

No comments:

Post a Comment