Saturday 30 July 2022

Wood Trainer #dreamdiary 136

I’m sitting down on a stool in a well-lit workshop holding a huge block of wood. It’s slightly bigger than a size A4 panel, but it’s several inches thick. It’s a nice, smooth light brown piece that doesn’t share any signs of grain or cracks. In the centre of the wood, I’ve managed to carve the word ‘train’ deep into it. The engraving is at least an inch deep and the font is very smooth. It’s the kind of style that you’d use to teach a child how to read. I’ve even left in a peg that forms the missing part of the ‘a’. Behind me is a huge square workbench that I sit around with my classmates. There’s a very clean Lilo floor covered in a glittered blue. For me, this is an achievement. There are no cracks despite this hand-made effort. My next task is to paint it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment