Monday 4 July 2022

Out the John

Short with stubble and a bit of fat, he’s somehow managed to attract a wife and raise a child. Then there was an opportunity for a promotion at a new store. The manager took on the person that she saw to be best for the job, though it turns out that she trusted him too much. A few years later, a suitcase was purchased. It just felt a bit too heavy. On impulse, she decided to open it and discovered that it was full of gaming consoles. He was fired on the spot, and I think he went to prison for it. I have no idea who replaced him, but I wasn’t invited for consideration for the position. Later, I bumped into him working behind a counter at Gregg’s. I don’t think I saw him again, though I knew his past. I didn’t see him there again though. I wonder how long he lasted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment