Sunday 14 June 2020

Password Pandemic

Following a spam e-mail, I wondered if a hacker had got hold of one of my accounts that I no longer use. I didn’t really care until I started receiving a string of e-mails telling me that I’d been logging in from different places using different browsers throughout the world. Normally, anyone would think this a bit strange especially since there’s a ban on travel at the moment, but in the world of computers you can use software to mask your location to protect your current one. Even so, I thought it best to secure the account and change the password. As soon as I’d submitted a new one, the link failed. In a flash, I’d realised that I’d given out a current one, and that someone had the ability to access some of my other profiles. I had to take quick steps to change passwords to some of my other accounts.  

No comments:

Post a Comment