Tuesday 5 March 2019

Five Minutes Later

I took this photo for insurance purposes. I’d failed to get my car home in the snow. I’d managed to get it up the steep hill, but for some reason I couldn’t get it up the smaller hill to the close where I live. I eventually managed to slide over to the other side of the road and pull up alongside the kerb. Although I wasn’t causing an obstruction, I was parked on a double-yellow line. I wasn’t necessarily worried about getting a ticket, I was more concerned about if someone tried to come down the hill and take the corner and slide right into me. So I gathered my things and walked back to the house; changed into comfortable clothes and grabbed my snow shovel. About five minutes passed before I returned to my car, and less than eight feet in front of me was a car that had nearly done exactly what I had feared. I got digging frantically then to drive my car that remaining few feet off the yellow lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment