Saturday 23 March 2019

The Big Read

You may have seen from some of my previous posts that I’ve been writing book reviews. It’s all because of a commitment I made over sixteen years ago to read all the books on the BBC’s big read list. It was a nationwide survey run in partnership with WH Smith to ask the British public to vote for their all-time favourite books and these are the results. I picked up the leaflet in my local store; and since then I’ve added a few staples to keep the pages in place. It’s been difficult at times to get some of the titles from my local library; and I’ve also been enticed by bargain reads that have come my way and gifts and opportunities on charity shops too. As you can imagine; there’s some real bricks in there and it’s taking up a lot of time to get the job done. Bu the end is near. As Mark Twain once said (and he’s even quoted in the leaflet); “Read the best books first”.

No comments:

Post a Comment