Sunday 10 March 2019

The Blind Operator

‘I need to feed the cat.’
‘Sorry?’
‘I need to feed the cat.’
‘Is this an emergency?’
‘Yes.’
‘Are you safe?’
‘No.’
‘Are you under observation?’
‘Yes.’
‘Is anyone hurt?’
‘Yes.’
Do you need the police?’
‘Yes.’
‘Okay, just stay on the line for as long as you can. I’m running a trace and we’ll get a police officer and a doctor over to you. I’ll just keep asking questions until the officer arrives. Can you tell me how many people are with you?’
‘Five cats.’
‘And are they all male?’
‘No.’
‘I’ll send a second car now. Can you tell me your name?’
‘Sally.’
‘OK Sally, everything’s going to be OK. How long have these people been with you?’
‘About ten minutes.’
‘Can you get outside?’
‘No.’
‘Does the officer need to force their way in?’
‘Yes.’
‘OK Sally, they’ll break in. Now I need you to stay on the line for as long as you can; but if they threaten you or they make you hang up then don’t worry as the officers are arriving, OK?’
CLICK.     

No comments:

Post a Comment