Sunday 15 January 2017

Navigation Britannia at the Vernon Arms, Hanbury

I get invited to visit a lot of pubs in my voluntary work for CAMRA; but what I don’t appreciate is not being welcomed when I make an effort to visit a pub when they’ve specifically asked me to come and visit. The pub had undergone a refurbishment and had tried to create a look that was a standalone gourmet restaurant that is separate to its adjoining hotel. I was originally told that they were interested in taking out an advert in our local magazine, and to host one of our meetings. I decided to visit on a Thursday night when things weren’t too busy. I arrived at the bar and ordered a pint where it seemed to be a bit of an Old Boy’s club. I introduced myself to the young barmaid and asked to speak to the manager and a woman came back asking what the problem was. I showed her the magazines and she said that she would get in touch, but I haven’t heard anything from them since. But the beer was very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment