Thursday 15 July 2021

nextdoor

We got a letter posted through our door asking us to join a social media site. At first I thought it might be a scam to get hold of my personal information, and there was a bit of trouble trying to join my neighbourhood group. Then I read the reviews and I persisted. To be honest, it’s similar to Facebook but it tailors to your own neighbourhood group, and the content seems to be the same type of stuff what you can find on groups such as Spotted. You get messages and ads tailored to you and there’s a local connection in there somewhere. There’s not a lot going on, and most of the people who are posting seem to be middle-aged homeowners. It’s usually just people complaining about noise, pets and asking for help. I’m certainly not going to turn on notifications to see what these whingers are up to.

No comments:

Post a Comment