Thursday 22 July 2021

DJ Me

I often enjoy stringing bits of music together. It’s something that I used to do quite a bit from listening to a lot of compilation albums. I also used to DJ with a crew at college, though I never went solo. A lot of the time I did it on the spur of the moment; especially with cheesy tunes. We’d just point our way through cases of CDs and dash in and out of the booth to dance and people would come up to us and we’d give them paper and pencil and had no way of seeking out what song they wanted. We didn’t bother with headphones and we had no idea how to work the lights so we let the computers calculate the sequence themselves. Every time the dance floor looked spacious we’d squirt out a fresh spray of dry ice onto the dance floor and that would send people running.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment