Wednesday 7 July 2021

Alexa just wants to watch TV

I was really getting into the Harry Potter quiz. There was a friendly narrator; the accompanying music was just perfect, and I was enjoying the questions. Some were simple facts while others required you to listen to excerpts from the books before hearing the question. I was even thinking about changing the difficulty level from O.W.L to N.E.W.T as I was getting them right every time. I was nearly ready to earn enough participation points to enter the league. I’ve also got no idea whether the questions are timed or Alexa gives up on you after a while. Sadly, it doesn’t like as if I’ll get the opportunity to find out. Every Alexa interaction now seems to want to involve my Fire TV. I don’t want to watch TV so it’s off and unplugged. What I want to do is listen to my smart speaker; but if I have to have my TV plugged in as well then surely that should my speaker obsolete?

No comments:

Post a Comment