Thursday 2 May 2019

Making out the View

This viewpoint looks so familiar and yet so foreign. There are things that I know that I should recognise but I can’t find in front of me. There are also things that I’m surprised to see. One of them is the large pink ‘h’ which identifies the Hollywood Bowl at Birmingham Great Park. Another is the beginning of the city skyline in the distance, and it just goes to show how much the urban area stretches before you get into the centre itself. On the right-hand side, you’ve got the unmistakable shape of the Queen Elizabeth Hospital and behind it you’ve got the famous BT Tower. And on the left you can make out the start of the Clent Hills. But it’s a shame that you can’t see the view towards home or the motorway. Sometimes the trees really do get in the way. But it’s good to see this much shrubbery in between all these buildings.

No comments:

Post a Comment