Saturday 11 May 2019

Checking In with the Riff-Raff #dreamdiary 77


I’m out with a group of friends for the day on a pub crawl. They’re a bit rowdy and I’ve already made a booking to stay in a hotel overnight to give me some space. One of them decides that they should all do the same and at random they pick the same hotel that I’m booked into. We crawl past a long line of locals on picnic tables outside and head to the bar. We order drinks and make enquires regarding vacancies. We’re shown up a flight of steep wooden stairs to a wooden reception desk and we’re invited to leave our drinks on a shiny silver tray while we check in. I check in separately when the group have headed to their rooms where I inform them that I already have a reservation. I then spot one of my local friends enjoying a ménage of pizzas in the restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment