Sunday 19 August 2018

Cheddar Ales Karst at Alestones, Tardebigge


Karst is a strange name for a beer until you discover that it’s brewed by Cheddar Ales, a brewery known not for its cheese (yet) but for its rock formations. Add the fact the water used is from the local hills and it’s filtered by limestone and you’ve got some really refreshing beers. For some reason I thought this beer had hints of chocolate which is completely opposite the description given. Perhaps I remembered a different beer when I tried it in Reading which explains why I thought it might have been off at Alestones. At any rate, it’s supposed to give tropical flavours. In researching this post, I also quashed a child-like rumour that Weston-super-Mare is in the south. I thought it always was because it was at the end of the motorway, but the clue is in the name. Perhaps in earlier times the M5 did end at the sea. Or maybe it’s because it’s the end of arguing in the car as you come off the motorway to see landmarks again.

No comments:

Post a Comment