Thursday 2 August 2018

Writing the Dream #dreamdiary 58


I’ve just had an interesting dream and I’m ready to write it into my dream diary. But when I’m ready to type up the dream, there’s a second stage where I’m dreaming that I actually type the text. I compose the first three lines of what I’m about to write. Then I actually wake up and I’m confronted with the blank page and I have to start from scratch. It usually takes up a good hour of actual time from picturing the dream to waking up to the real world. Then I have to write up the dream in reality. And when I actually have the screen or pad in front of me, my mind is wiped and I forget at least half of the content of the dream. It’s as if my dream is copyrighted and I’m forbidden to share it with anyone else. Sometimes I do remember the first three lines of what I’ve typed.

No comments:

Post a Comment