Wednesday 20 September 2017

Stephen King's It

I really enjoyed this film. It was scary, it was well thought out with plenty of suspense moments and childhood moments as well. The clown had a perfect form of evil; but with the amount of power it wields it’s hard to see how the creature can actually die. I also found it strange how at times one person decides to break away from the group without giving the others an explanation. I’d also like some context on how Pennywise came to be; which will probably encourage me to read the book. But I did find it quite strange that the grown-ups couldn’t see the horrors that the kids did. The characters are great; especially comedy Ritchie; and I kind of felt that the kids were a combined washed-up gang from Stand by Me and The Goonies. It’s great that despite the horror there’s also a combined sense of friendship, childhood, and brotherhood. The clown’s dance is perfect; starting off innocent and can change form whenever it pleases. But soon these kids will struggle to learn what is real and what is not.

No comments:

Post a Comment