Monday 11 September 2017

Marstons 61 Deep at Seven Stars, Redditch

Two months have passed between the rebranding of Marstons beers and me spotting the new logos on the bars. It’s very confusing because at first glance you think the licensee’s finally changed the barrel and put a new beer on the bar. I’d probably order it straight away on sight; and only on reflection I’d realise that I’d had this beer before. Others might think that they’ve had a change of ownership or have stopped brewing completely. And they’ve celebrated the throwing away of their heritage by brewing a new beer. This beer has a strange name; and not one that you’d expect from a brewery based in the Midlands. If it was at a seaside town then maybe I’d expect a nautical theme; but apparently the reference is to the number of metres of the depth of the well at the brewery. It’s very nice though, and the tropical fruit balances the bitter taste perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment