Sunday 22 January 2023

Shelled! #dreamdiary 147

We’re on a family holiday in Jersey. It could be our last one before World War Three starts. I’m taking a walk over the old bunkers. Suddenly, a shell whizzes through the air and lands feet behind me. I sprint forwards and moments there’s a huge explosion. I head back to our apartment and turn on the TV. Russia has begun an attack on the island and has cut off all supplies. We look outside and see that a huge tidal wave has hit the beach. Fortunately, our holiday complex is built on a cliff. We gain access to the beach through a service door but note that it’s only secured by a metal hook. We scavenge some driftwood from the beach and board it up. Then we go to the complex’s minimart to stock up on supplies. On our return journey another round of shelling begins which causes me to drop my bag of supplies as we exit the automated monorail. The bag splits open then the monorail starts up again carrying away cardboard tubes of aluminium foil and some of the crisps that we’ve bought. 

No comments:

Post a Comment