Friday 20 January 2023

Litten Up

There’s a problem with the sky at night where I live. At home, I’m under a constant orange glow. At night, the sunset never fades away because of the haze. It makes it very awkward for things like stargazing. If I drive out into the countryside at night and look back into town, I’ll see it. It’s like my very own North Star. Thankfully, technology is slowly helping us to claim the night back. Cheaper and more efficient lighting is being installed. Some of it is very annoying and works on motion technology. If I’m in a car, it only activates when I’ve driven past it, which is pointless as I’ve already made my decision to pull out and it’s distracting rather than helpful. Some lights don’t turn on at all, but that’s probably due to bad maintenance if anything. Perhaps if the sensors can be a bit smarter and predict when they’re needed, it wouldn’t be an issue at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment