Friday 1 April 2022

What's a Wordle?

Quite simply, you must guess the word in five attempts. After each attempt you’re told if you got a letter in the right place and if you got a matching letter in the wrong place. On my first ever attempt, I was one letter out from guessing the solution. I didn’t come armed with tactics so I kept repeating my letters instead of spreading them. I don’t think that there’s anything new to it other than it’s available online, and I’m amazed that the page isn’t crawling with adverts unless I’m using the wrong site. I’m sure that a similar puzzle appeared in a newspaper where you changed one letter in each row to transform the top word into the bottom word in five attempts. I think there’s even a TV show in a similar format named Lingo? I think contestants get clues for that one, though they don’t get the Mastermind-styled clues. 

No comments:

Post a Comment