Friday 29 April 2022

Flippin' David

I was very proud of my pancakes this year. After doing a few test batches, I finally got the formula right. It’s best if you let it set in the fridge overnight. Add some oil so that they don’t stick and don’t start cooking them until you’re sure that the pan’s hot. That way, they don’t take long to get solid so you can be confident of a good flip. And don’t be afraid to leave them in there. I’ve produced some brilliant pancakes with leopard patterns owing to letting them turn golden brown. Then come the toppings. You can get creative and artistic or you can go with flavour. This year, I simply went for Nutella with a bit of Jiff lemon, which has the most annoying of caps to open. I eventually got it off permanently. I later found out that strawberries would have been a good call too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment