Sunday 24 April 2022

Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen

Sense and SensibilitySense and Sensibility by Jane Austen
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

I know this is a mockery but I found the narration just a bit too snobby for my liking. There were too many characters using big words and way too many adjectives to make it an enjoyable tale. It’s as if Austen wants to show off her knowledge of the English language. The majority of the novel came from gossip rather than any event occurring, and how people reacted to other while attempting to remain polite and not offend anyone. Just think of the consequences if they did! Give me a rogue and a bit of conflict any day. Of course, misinterpretation can be a cruel thing, which is what the plot of the novel comes down to, but it does get confusing sometimes as the characters are just so plain as they are all alike. Yawn. Perhaps there’s a missing chapter or two somewhere. There definitely needs to be a spiced-up re-write. I like the fact that this book comes with instructions and that it lets you feel free to skip the introduction and make your own opinion of the book before being steered to agree with somebody else’s.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment