Sunday 27 March 2022

Old Man Torr

It wouldn’t be a trip to the view of the island without viewing one of the most iconic landmarks. Nestled on a hill is a simple natural column with a jagged pointy triangular head. It made me think of the Washington Monument. Because it was getting dark we pulled off the road and viewed it from the verge but I would have liked to take the time to climb it. There were a couple of cars parked around us and many people were in the process of completing their expeditions. A lot of them had sizable rucksacks and bright plastic coats. I suppose that they weren’t taking part in a hide and seek competition. Unfortunately, there were few opportunities for me to return for a go and we’d also have to find a map first. The one that I bought only covered the southern part of the island where we were staying.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment