Monday 7 March 2022

Dracula by Bram Stoker

DraculaDracula by Bram Stoker
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

It’s one of those novels that I’ve always wanted to read. I thought that there would be a bit more gore and erotica than what was contained within, especially with the impression that the introduction gave. I certainly expected that the protagonists would face a bit more horror, although Reinfield’s role was enjoyable. It was great to see the situation develop from different perspectives, but it was confusing at times as to which character did what; especially with no acquaintance made to the reader. It’s also quite convenient that the protagonists have lots of money to aid them in their search, and their interviewees always seem to tell the truth. I did enjoy the hunt at the end but the mystery of how Dracula died was all too sudden. Did he turn into ash or stone? Did he decompose before our very eyes? We shall never know, which is why there are so many different versions of retelling this tale.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment