Tuesday 8 February 2022

The Full Monty

Breakfast in a can! The idea sounds great, just heat it all up and it’s all ready to enjoy in a matter of minutes, with just an empty can and the minimal of clearing up to do afterwards. Its appearance isn’t the best though. Everything’s processed and full of tomato sauce, and there’s a lot of food for a portion which just congeals as you spoon it out into a cooking vessel. I always cook mine with some toast, but even that’s cooked from frozen. During the stir I add some brown sauce to give it a bit of flavour. It might not be a meal to have on the go though, and you may need time for it to leave your system before considering a physical activity. I’ve never actually had one cooked on the stove, even when I go camping. Perhaps it’s something I should try next time. It might alter the taste considerably.

No comments:

Post a Comment