Wednesday 23 February 2022

Local Knowledge

As I had the first foot through the door, it was up to me to find things out. I’d already spotted the Co-op opposite us but to get there I had to cross the bridge. I asked the others if I should bring in any rations for their late arrival and the only response was beer. I had a nice, long lie-in and watched some videos on my tablet until I heard voices coming from downstairs and realised that it would probably be rude if I ignored them any longer. So after greetings and breakfast, we decided to spend the day exploring the local village to allow us all time to recover from our journey and to plan the rest of the week. We checked out the harbour and the shop, ventured over to look at the castle and took note of what days the local takeaways operated. Then we began to plan out the rest of the week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment