Tuesday 15 February 2022

Cairngorn Sheepshaggers Gold at the Winking Owl, Aviemore

I didn’t know what to expect of this pub. From the outside it has a homely feel, but when you get inside it feels as if you’re in a rather smart converted barn. The function room is downstairs, but I was shown to a very cosy table in the restaurant which had a view of a children’s play are that possible belonged to the hotel next door. The weather was terrible so there wasn’t really much to see anyway. The beer range was impressive and it was a shame that I had to restrict myself to one. I tried to recall which beer I hadn’t tried before and I got lucky. The burger that I tried was huge, though I did go a bit mad and added cheese, haggis and bacon. The chips were also crispy and had a nice flavour. I had to spend some time digesting before I was ready to leave the table. 

No comments:

Post a Comment