Saturday 5 February 2022

The Big Trip up North

It’s time to head back to one of the most beautiful places in the land; Scotland. On this journey I was supposed to be travelling up with a friend and meeting up with the others at a cottage but my friend had to cancel at the last minute, leaving me to travel up solo. I set out at a steady pace and stopped off at a service station in Lancashire for coffee, realising that the seat I’d chosen had a screen next to it where an autistic child was having an incident and was refusing to wear any clothes. Once Id figured out what was going on, I retreated to the other side of the restaurant. Up in Scotland I was treated to some beautiful scenery and I quite liked the sound of a castle that was signposted near Lockerbie. However, when I pulled off the motorway and googled the name of the castle for more information, I discovered that it was seventeen miles away in the opposite direction. Maybe a destination for another time.     

No comments:

Post a Comment