Monday 7 February 2022

A Bit of Bru

I’d managed to circumnavigate Glasgow but I was hitting heavy traffic. I had considered calling in at Stirling to re-visit the castle, but there was a major golf tournament enroute and traffic measures were in place. It was getting close to late afternoon and I found myself wondering whether I’d make it to my accommodation to have an evening meal. As I needed fuel, I made an executive express to have an early meal at Milano Express. I wasn’t sure whether this was a chain but decided to give it a go and ordered the spaghetti meatballs with a side of deep-fried mushrooms in a garlic dip. Then there was the question of what to drink. As Scotland is known for its stricter drink driving laws and faced with the fact that there wasn’t any ale to sup, I decided to play it safe with an Iron Bru. It only seemed right that my first Scottish meal should have something deep fried with a local drink to accompany it. And it was all surprisingly good.     

No comments:

Post a Comment