Friday 31 December 2021

Past Tense by Lee Child

Past Tense (Jack Reacher, #23)Past Tense by Lee Child
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I think that this book tries too hard to be a script for TV. There are way too many adjectives, verbs, and thought processes. Every single minute action seems to be commented upon with military precision. And I’m not entirely too convinced about the police’s cavalier attitude towards Reacher’s good Samaritan actions. It’s like they have no backbone. I also thought that some scenarios were just too predictable, and when these moments did occur, my anticipation of them just flew by in a flash. Character like Amos and Castle were too similar and just blended into a category of ‘Other People that Reacher talked to’ for a while. The dialogue between Patty and Shorty was much more convincing. I know the protagonist had purpose here but it looks like the whole series is based on an ex-solider wandering about poking his nose into situations that he sees and makes things right in his own ‘special’ way. I’m not sure that it’s an appealing saga that I would want to follow.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment