Wednesday 29 December 2021

The Battle of Bosworth

I’m off on a little day trip to Ashby-de-la-Zouch. I’m trying to visit the castle, and on this occasion I’ve managed to find a car park space but the castle is closed. I’ve walked all around the outside and admired it from outside the grounds but there’s no other entrance. I retreat to the pub to plan my next steps. Over a pint in the beer garden, I discover the new opening times and try to discover another nearby venue to visit. The Battle of Bosworth Heritage Centre seems to be the nearest place to visit, and although I don’t get free entry I do get a discount. I fire up the sat-nav, and soon I’m in a gravel car park next to a set of converted barns and red-bricked buildings. Inside, as well a period armour and artefacts on display, there’s a brilliant interactive projector displaying the tactics of each of the different armies. After I’ve finished learning, I opt for a breath of fresh air and decide to take a trail around the country park. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment