Sunday 5 December 2021

A Wander Around Wolverhampton

It’s time for a wander around Wolverhampton. I’ve greed to meet my friend John at the beer festival which is usually held in the Civic Centre, but owing to a refurbishment it’s being held at an arts centre instead. On arrival to the city, I’m amazed at how much the bus station has transformed since my last visit. It’s gone from an open-air roundabout to a full-on commercial centre. My journey takes me across a well-placed pelican crossing over a dual carriageway followed by the Wanderer’s grounds and into the suburbs. I then follow a cycle lane through some back-to-back houses which brings me out at the back of the arts hall. This brings me out at the volunteer’s entrance, but there’s no sign to the customer’s entrance. Once I’m redirected, I find myself near the front of the queue to this colourful building. It’s not long before John arrives further down and I sacrifice my place to join him.


No comments:

Post a Comment