Saturday 1 January 2022

My Neighbour keeps on watching me through their window. Every time I look at her, she hides behind the curtains. Maybe she's just nosey, I don't know. Would it bother you if it happened to you and what would you do?

I often get the feeling of being watched when I come home. Often I think it’s a bored or nosey neighbour but usually it turns out to be next door’s cat confined to quarters for the evening. When I leave the house, I naturally I want to know what’s going on and I want to be sure that I’m leaving my home safe and sound. I wouldn’t just walk away if I can spot people hanging around who want to break down my door as soon as I’m out of sight. So it’s good to know that my neighbours are nearby so that if the unfortunate does occur, at least I’m vaguely aware of who’s at home at the time so that they may have heard or seen something suspicious. You never know, they may even take action themselves. And I like to think that I do the same for other people. I’m not going to sit and monitor the world from my window, but I would keep an eye out if I saw or heard anything unfamiliar. If you get to know your neighbours, you can build up a sense of trust. Just give them a smile and friendly wave, and you can be on your merry.

No comments:

Post a Comment