Tuesday 18 January 2022

Lighting up the Place

We’ve bought a lamppost for the garden! It’s just like Narnia, only it’s a lot shorter and there’s no forest or wardrobe. The idea was to be able to look out on the garden at night from the kitchen; not that it’s a big garden. The box arrives; and surprise surprise, it’s up to muggins here to put it together. I get as far as assembling the tube and the lantern before realising that I’m going to need a bit of help. It operates on an ordinary bulb which is supplied and connects to a copper wire. We do have an outside power socket, but I realise that I’m going to need help wiring this into a plug to make it work. I have an electrical friend who I invite over to strip the wire so that we can attach it to a plug to create the circuit. Then once it’s tested, I wait for my brother to become free so that he can drill holes into the stone wall so that it can be securely fixed upright. 


No comments:

Post a Comment